- 1 new kitty litter pan
- 1 new kitty litter pan liner
- 1 new pooper scooper
- 1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
- 1 white cake mix
- 2 large packages vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared
- 1 large package vanilla sandwich cookies
- green food colouring
- 12 small Tootsie Roll candies
- Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).
- Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.
- Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food colouring and mix until completely coloured.
- When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. Important: mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don’t want it too soggy. Combine gently.
- Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put the cake/pudding/cookie mixture into the litter box.
- Put 3 unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls bury them in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly on top of everything – this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.
- Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top. For the coup de gras take one Tootsie Roll and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around for a truly disgusting effect!