WESTVILLE — Love may be in the air, but danger abounds for our four-legged loved ones.
Veterinarians at the North Central Veterinary Emergency Center in Westville have shared some tips to help avoid heartbreak this St. Valentine’s Day.
One of the most popular St. Valentine’s Day treats, chocolate, is highly toxic to dogs and cats. Chocolate contains a chemical called theobromine that is difficult for dogs to metabolize. Even a small amount of theobromine can cause nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, increased heart rate, heart failure and death.
Read more at HeraldArgus.com.